Friday, January 2, 2009

First post

When I was little my brothers and I used to fight over who got to read the paper first. Granted, it was normally the comics, and the worst fights were on Sundays; we all walked away with some pretty nasty paper cuts. As we grew older and matured, we all worked together on a paper route for a local newspaper. While we would wrap the papers I would find myself drawn into reading the articles. The chance at journalism seemed distant to me due to a learning disability which affects my spelling. Once I reached high school and teachers introduced the world of spell check and editors, a journalism career seemed to call my name even louder.
Now I am a student in Ohio University's Scripps School for Journalism with a focus on online journalism. After my first quarter I am strengthened in the idea to continue in online, but as for what I am going to write about is still up in the air. This blog is going to be used for not only me to further my writing skills, but to try to get a response from others. I will try to write at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment